How Much Protein Should I Have?
Lesson 3 Module 1
Protein intake should be set based on your bodyweight, not a percentage of calories. This helps to make the target more relevant to you and your situation.
Use the slider functions of the calorie calculator to set an appropriate protein target. You'll find the link to the calculator at the bottom of this page (you'll need to input your details again to get the correct calorie number).
Here's are the rough ranges to work with for your goal.
- No exercise = 0.8-1.3g/kg
- Endurance (running and cycling) = 1.4-1.7g/kg
- Resistance Training (weights and CrossFit) = 1.8-2.7g/kg
- If you're only interested in losing weight, you can go as low as 1.2g/kg.
- If you have a lot of body fat to lose, your protein intake might feel quite high. In this case, base protein intake on your target body weight.