Should You Drink A Protein Shake Before Bed?
Should You Drink A Protein Shake Before Bed? The Evidence-Based Answer
Protein before bed isn't the most important aspect of nutrition, far from it. But research shows it could help you build more muscle.
In this article, you'll discover how optimising your protein intake can make a small, yet significant impact on your progress. And, as a natural weightlifter, those small benefits are sometimes well-worth the effort, right?
When it comes to nutrition, there's two distinct areas of focus;
- The Basics - The fundamental building blocks of progress. If these aren't in place, the rest is largely irrelevant.
- Optimisation - The aspects of nutrition worth considering once the solid foundations are in place.
As you'll see in this article, having protein before bed IS beneficial for you. But, it sits firmly in the category of 'Optimisation'.
So make sure you've spent time getting those fundamentals in place;
- Accurate calculation of your calorie and protein targets.
- Choosing an approach to dieting that works for you.
- Maximising sleep and recovery.
- Getting to the gym and lifting some heavy-ass weight.
These are just a few of the fundamentals you should have in place, before looking into protein before bed. And even then, protein frequency, and other optimisation strategies still outweigh whether or not you have protein before bed.
But for now, let's assume those basics are in place, and you're ready to delve into some of the minutia.