Setting Up The MyFitnessPal App
Lesson 7 Module 1
Tracking in MyFitnessPal might feel like a daunting task, but it doesn't have to be. In this video I'm going to guide you through how to set up the app, so that it's working optimally for you.
STEP 1: ADJUSTING YOUR WEIGHT GOALS
- In the "Goals" section of the app, adjust the following:
- Starting Weight - Typically, your current weight if setting up for the first time.
- Current Weight - What you weight right now.
- Goal Weight - Make this the same as your starting weight.
- Weekly Goal - Set to 'Maintain'.
- Activity Level - Pick anything. It doesn't make any difference.
STEP 2: SETTING UP YOUR CUSTOM MEAL NAMES
- Go to "Settings", then "Diary Settings", then "Custom Meal Names":
- Edit the meal names so they are relevant to you.
- If you want to add a meal category, you will need to log into the desktop version of MyFitnessPal.
- DO NOT eat back exercise calories.
- It may be worth disconnecting your activity tracker from the MyFitnessPal app to avoid confusion.
- In the "Diary" section of the app, scroll to the bottom and use the "Nutrition" button to look at the breakdown of calories and macros in more detail.
- Ignore the micronutrient information at this stage. A one day snapshot of your nutrition does not provide enough context and information to influence dietary changes.
- Use the "+" button to add food, water, weight, etc.